The Copeland’s Culture is the basis to our success and truly encompasses all we do on a daily basis. We achieve our culture by living, breathing and exemplifying our Mission Statement, Core Values, Support Center Principles, and Operating Philosophy & Principles and/or Responsibilities in everything we do, with every guest we serve, and with every Krewe Member we hire.
What is a Krewe Member?
The term “Krewe” refers to an organization or group that puts on a parade or show, typically for Mardi Gras. We use the term “Krewe” to refer to our team to tie into our New Orleans’ roots! Our role as Krewe Members are to provide a unique experience within our restaurants that our guests won’t get anywhere else.
What does it take to be a Leader & Manager at Copeland’s?
All of our restaurant Managers are responsible for:
- Ensuring activities are consistent with and supportive of the restaurant’s mission, core values, & operating philosophy & principles.
- Managers should operate as owners and concentrate on the effective operation of the restaurant and staff, with regards to building sales, internal & external guest development & satisfaction, and overall fiscal responsibilities in conjunction with peer Managers, subordinates and superiors. Managers achieve results by planning, communicating, delegating and following up.
- Essential functions also include, but are not limited to: External Guest Satisfaction & Community Involvement, Internal Guest Development & Satisfaction, Effective Operations & Business Management, Safety, Security & Appropriate Business Practices.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2-5 years of management experience in a full service casual dining setting
- Systems oriented with experience in a high volume scratch cook kitchen and spec recipe management
- Stable job history which demonstrates upward career progression
- Strong P&L knowledge and ability to manage financial goals & objectives
- Ability to work with Directors of Operations/Area Directors on action plans to improve financial controls (food costs, labor costs, and controllable expenses)
- Ability to train, coach, develop, and motivate staff
- Ability to provide a guest-focused approach to floor management and create strong guest rapport
What’s it like to work for Copeland’s?
Ask our team! In an industry known for high turnover, we are proud of the commitment we’ve made to supporting our team with turning their restaurant job into a career. Whether you’re an hourly employee or a tenured Manager, we have a career path and development program for you!
Training & Development
Quality training is the foundation of your success! We invest time & resources into all of our Krewe and expect commitment and integrity in return. Copeland’s offers a challenging and rewarding training program for all Management and Krewe. Hourly Krewe who exhibit exceptional leadership qualities can work our self-paced Krewe Development Path to accomplish their leadership goals and career growth. Tenured Management have the opportunity to dive deeper into cost controls and business management while continuously enhancing their culinary knowledge and leadership styles.
A Healthy, Secure, Work-Life Balance
We are in the people business! At Copeland’s, we know that it is important to take care of our internal guests – our Krewe! We are committed to a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a work/life balance. Discover more about what we have to offer our Krewe below!